Back

Cerkiew greckokatolicka św. Dymitra Binczarowa

The Greek Catholic Church of St. Demetrius in Binczarowa

The Greek Catholic Church of St. Demetrius in Binczarowa
Uwagi nt. dostępności: The Greek Catholic Church of St. Demetrius in Binczarowa -
Binczarowa 27, 33-332 Florynka Tourist subregion: Beskidzki
Facilities at cultural sites: Photographing allowed
Type of historical sites: Religious sites
The Greek Catholic Church of St. Demetrius in Binczarowa
The Greek Catholic Church of St. Demetrius in Binczarowa (currently the Roman Catholic Parish Church of St. Stanisław the Bishop) dates from 1760. The church, erected using log construction, was heavily rebuilt and has partially lost the typical features of a West-Lemko Orthodox church. The interior fittings include: a late-baroque iconostasis from the second half of the C18th, supplemented in the second half of the C19th (in place of The Last Supper you can see a painting of Our Lady of the Rosary), and a stone altar from 1967 with relics of St. Adalbert. Also noteworthy is the precious polychrome decoration from 1913, carried out by Bronisław Kmak.
Play Play